Winter Sports Injuries
Every year, millions of people enjoy winter sports like skiing, ice skating, and hockey. Along with those great times, though, winter sports injuries are very common. Statistically, sports injuries are the second most common reason for visiting the emergency room. There are almost 4 million people who suffer from winter sports injuries every year. The most common winter sports injuries include the following:
- Concussions. This injury can occur while playing any sport but is especially common among those who do snowboarding or skiing. Concussions remain one of the leading causes of disability and deaths among skiers and snowboarders.
- Dislocated shoulder. A shoulder injury remains one of the most common winter sports injuries. It usually occurs when a person hits a hard surface like ice.
- Spinal injuries. This type of injury is characterized by back pain that can keep you off your feet for days, if not weeks. Skiers are especially prone to spinal injuries.
- Skier’s thumb. A torn ligament in the thumb. It is the second-most common injury among skiers.
- Knee injury. Many people hurt their knees while doing winter sports. Knee injuries are among the most common sports injuries. Among knee injuries are the following: a torn ligament, torn meniscus, fractured kneecap, and knee dislocation.
- Ankle sprains and fractures. According to the statistics, every day about 25,000 Americans fractures or sprain their ankles. This occurs because people fall, run on uneven surfaces, and roll or twist their ankles.
How Can a Chiropractor Help?
Chiropractors use a variety of non-invasive methods and techniques to help people recover after an injury as quickly as possible get back to practicing their favorite sport even faster and stronger than before the injury. Most chiropractors use chiropractic adjustments, spinal decompression, massage therapy, and physical therapy.
Amazing Spine Care – Our Chiropractor in Jacksonville, FL
If you have experienced a winter sports injury, visit our chiropractor as soon as possible to start treatment. Amazing Spine Care offers chiropractic care for a wide range of sports injuries and health conditions, including back pain, knee injury, shoulder injury, or anything else. Do not hesitate to contact our clinic and schedule your first appointment with a chiropractor in Jacksonville, FL.